Happy new year my fellow foodies
Today, the first day of 2019 is just the right time to preach about how healthy we want our year to be 😀
Brethren, let’s be conscious of what we eat this year, remember to feed your body with all the essential nutrients & vitamins that will enable it function optimally. remember a healthy body begets a wealthy being!
A healthy lifestyle can be attained by the food we eat, it starts by you agreeing that you are not doing something right then try to change it 🙄 I made efforts last year 2018 to eat healthy and it truly paid off! this year, there is no stopping me 😀 I will preach and practice healthy eating habits like it’s my first name 😆 I will love you all to join me so that we can have a healthy society. these things are not really hard trust me.
A few of these tips will get you going;
- Change your shopping habit, do away with the junks and buy lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Watch your portion sizes, don’t be greedy try to share your food with someone. at least this will make you eat lesser than you earlier planned to eat.
- Check the way you prepare your food. steam, grill or bake instead of frying.
- Make your food tasty with lots of herbs, seasoning..ginger,garlic &turmeric never hurt anyone.
- Maintain a regular eating schedule.
- Don’t wait to get hungry before you eat as you tend to consume more when this happens.
- Always eat breakfast.
- Don’t eat when you’re full.
- Don’t eat late at night.
- Snack on fruits and vegetables. not only are they healthy for you, they make your skin glow.
- Make your own meals rather than eating out 🙄 you’re only sure of what you prepared yourself.
- Do away with soda, drink water instead …water is life you know.
- ALWAYS make your meal colorful & appetizing…fruits & vegetables can help your achieve this.
I started the year eating with a purpose ….even tiger nuts made it’s way into my plate 😛
How do you plan to maintain a healthy eating habit this year? Share your tips with us in the comment section…..